Revenue, Labor and Child Support agencies rely heavily on their IT systems to support the services they are mandated to perform. Without dependable systems agencies will not be able to meet their operational goals and objectives. However, maintaining current production legacy systems and the necessary operational efficiency presents unprecedented business challenges. Add to this the required training, project management and issues associated with resource retention and you quickly see why maintaining and supporting legacy systems is becoming a very significant business problem for government agencies.
Compounding IT maintenance and support concerns include:
- insuring compliance with State and/or Federal Legislative changes;
- implementing new technologies within a legacy current production IT environment;
- working with an insufficient amount of resources to make complex changes, implement program enhancements and provide end-user support in a timely manner;
- addressing issues of an aging workforce; and,
- coping with a shortage of project management skills.
For most agencies, hiring a "general" IT company or contractors may provide some immediate technical relief; however, the risks of this approach are also well known. These "general" IT resources often lack:
- the domain business expertise and therefore require extensive business knowledge training and ramp-up time;
- the technical knowledge necessary to update COBOL and other older mainframe system languages and standards; and,
- sufficient level of tax administration, compliance and/or other business related experience unique to Revenue, Labor and Child Support agencies.
Unfortunately for the agency, these deficiencies may not immediately surface until deadlines are missed, workloads become unmanageable and/or quality issues are identified.
RSI has the Solution
RSI's Legacy Systems Maintenance and Support practice line provides government agencies the opportunity to leverage the knowledge and experience of a firm dedicated exclusively to the Revenue, Labor and Child Support industries. All combined, RSI consultants have more than 600 years of technical, functional and project management experience with tax processing and compliance management systems. Our consultants and managers have been involved in virtually every aspect of the way government agencies use technology to improve their business.
Specialized Consulting Teams with Expertise in Revenue, Labor and Child Support
RSI is one of the largest organizations of its kind dedicated exclusively to assisting federal, state and local governments in revenue and compliance management operations. Each member of our management team brings a wealth of experience in integrated tax system processing, unemployment insurance tax administration, child support enforcement and related disciplines. This repository of deep industry knowledge and experience allows RSI to share successful best practices while at the same time understand and incorporate the subtle nuances of each agency's business policy and procedures. RSI also knows how to listen. We appreciate the value and importance of teamwork - working together with our clients to understand and achieve their most important business objectives.
RSI's full range of Legacy Systems Maintenance and Support services include:
- Requirements Analysis;
- Detail System Design and Solution Development;
- Data Conversion;
- Project Management;
- Change Management;
- Business Process Improvement (BPI) and Re-engineering (BPR);
- Subject Matter Expertise;
- Analysis and Impact of Legislative Changes;
- System Documentation; and,
- Quality Assurance and Oversight.
Mainframe & Server Technology Support
RSI can provide unmatched experience in the maintenance, enhancement and support of mainframe and server technologies. RSI's partnership with clients is focused on achieving real-world business results by implementing solutions that will help your agency realize the full potential of the current production system. Samples of some of these efforts include:
- integrating new technologies (e.g., Web Services for Modernized e-Filing) to complement a legacy system;
- removing proprietary legacy system components that may no longer be supported or properly functioning;
- modifying existing applications or adding third-party products (e.g., new noticing software) to improve system functionality; and,
- converting, consolidating, archiving and retrieving legacy tax system data.
Proven, Modern Technology Integration
RSI prides itself in utilizing proven, leading edge modern technologies as part of its business solutions. Some recent projects include:
- expanding taxpayer services via the Internet;
- implementing robust financial reporting tools and executive dashboards;
- utilizing bar codes to automate document processing;
- redesigning correspondence end-to-end processing;
- integrating COTS applications, such as RSI's DiscoverTax® and TaxMaster® products, to enhance revenue and compliance management functions;
- constructing efficient payment processing and deposit day reconciliation processes; and,
- web-based filing, payment and reporting systems for Tax and Wage-based programs.
RSI consultants are knowledgeable and trained on a wide variety of legacy and modern system platforms, programming languages and databases:
- HP (and other Intel based servers)
- DB2, UDB
- MS SQL Server
If your agency is looking to leverage the investment in its legacy systems and/or requires assistance maintaining or supporting the current production environment and want to partner with a firm that is uniquely qualified, then look no further. The combination of RSI's knowledge and experience in understanding and implementing industry best practices, ability to leverage experience gained from other Revenue, Labor and Child Support government agencies, and ability to listen and understand your business objectives makes RSI a valuable partner for your agency.
RSI is here to help you insure that your next IT project will be a success. Allow RSI to demonstrate to you our commitment to quality, service and professionalism.